DaCalc is an formula calculator running on Android mobile system. It can be used to calculate like tips, tax and so on. In the following session, I will show you how to use DaCalc to calculate tips in your Android mobile phone, like Hero.
Session 1, use the pre-defined function:
- After started, main window of DaCalc looks like figure 1.
- Click the menu button on your phone, an option menu will pop-up.
- Click the “Load“ menu item, it will switch to the “expression load” window. There is a default expression name tips.
- Short click the function “tips“, DaCalc will switch to the main window after the function loaded. The expression for “tips“ is “cost * 0.2“. Variable “cost“ is added to the spinner.
- Input value for the variable “cost“, then click “=“ on the panel to calculate the result.
Session 2, define your own function:
- Click the menu button on your phone when the main window is displaying.
- Click the “Edit“ menu item, it will switch to the “composing“ window.
- In put cost * 0.2 / person.
- Click the “Save“ button. If you input an invalid expression, there will pop-up a text message. But the verifier is very week, so you should ensure that your input is a correct expression.
- If the expression is correct, a dialog will pop-up. You must input a name for the function/expression, like “tips-per“.
- Click “Okay“, the function will be saved to database. You can click “Load“ button to check.
- Click “Back“ button to switch to the main window.
- Now, click the “Load“ menu item and click on the “tips-per“ function to load.
- Input a value for the variable “cost“, then press “=“, the spinner will swith to the next variable “person“.
- Input a value for the variable “person“ to calculate the result.
If you encounter any problem when using DaCalc, please do not hasitate to send me a email, with your expressions.